We depend on our members’ generosity to support our mission. If you are already a member and want to renew, see our Membership Renewal page. If you’re not, and want to join, keep reading.
BGES is a 501(c)(3) organization; therefore, membership donations are 100% tax-deductible. Our members’ annual membership donations start at a minimum of $75/year (Volunteer level), although many members choose to donate at higher levels (Leadership Corps). Members may also choose to participate in our Quarter Guard Program which allows them to support BGES on a monthly or quarterly basis.
Benefits of Membership
Benefits of membership include:
- A special member’s rate on any BGES seminar
- Periodic scholarly papers in the Papers of the BGES series
- Quarterly electronic newsletter
- Reciprocal benefits with sister organizations
- Personal updates from the Executive Director for members of the BGES Leadership Corps
- Tax deductible membership fees, annual membership card, collectible BGES membership momentos
- Special email updates
- The First Edition Autographed Book Club
- Discounts on selected merchandise, books, and high quality logo merchandise
- Access to the nation’s leading Civil War scholars and opportunities for autographed, first-editions of their books
- Opportunities to participate in projects supporting Civil War education
Join online, using a secure PayPal server.
To join by mail, use our downloadable, printable registration form.